NO ONE CAN DO EVERYTHING, BUT EVERYONE CAN DO SOMETHING!
We believe the Lord has called GFCS to be HIS hands, HIS feet, HIS face, and HIS heart to those in need in our community and across the globe…
- Participate in the Adopt-A-Block Ministry; relationship building and tangible acts of service. Are you interested in learning more information or getting connected with the GFCS Adopt-A-Block Program, for either a York, Shrewsbury or Glen Rock neighborhood? Contact GFCS Adopt-A-Block Director Kris Cysyk; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Serve at the York Rescue Mission with a committed group from Grace. Please join us as we serve lunch at the York Rescue Mission on the 2nd and 4th Thursday each month. You can volunteer for once a month, every other month or whatever is convenient for you. We meet at the church at 10:20 a.m. and car pool to the Mission. Lunch is served from 11:00 till 12:30 and we are usually back at Church at 1 p.m. All you need to do is wear a smile. Donna Winkelman, email@example.com
- Sponsor “adopt” a child in a third-world country through Compassion International. Sponsoring a child through the Compassion International program takes the love of Jesus along with food and education to your child, their family and their community in a third world country. Sponsor Packets are available at the Outreach Table in the Lobby.
- Send an “Alternative Gift” that will change the life of a whole family in an impoverished region. Would you like to consider alternative gift giving? Maybe a goat…some chickens…or a sewing machine for a family in need? You simply choose an item and purchase it in the name of someone you would like to honor. For everyone involved, your gift will serve as a reminder of Jesus – the Greatest Gift of All. Visit the International Ministry Table in the Lobby to do your gift selection from one of several relief organizations - they will send it on its way.”
- Provide food for local pantries. The Southern York County Food Bank, the Hereford Food Pantry, and wHoly Chicken Restaurant Food Bank need a steady flow of food items to help those in need. We are continuing our request for one item per family each week. You can place your items in the large collection baskets by the entrance or the Outreach Gallery.
For more specific details about our current and upcoming outreach events and opportunities, visit the Outreach Gallery in the Lobby or contact: Al & Barb Grau; firstname.lastname@example.org
Elder Allan Urban, Director of GFCS Outreach Ministries; email@example.com